Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Life is Messy. Clean It Up!

I am, as the French might say, TRES cheesed-off. I awoke this morning to a flooded bathroom. I've been having trouble with my toilet; there's a water valve that sticks, alternately either open or closed. When the valve sticks closed, I have no water flow...inconvenient, but not a real problem, coz I can flush the toilet using a coffee cup. And I have been doing so, coz RV toilets ain't cheap, and I am (cheap. and easy.). If the flipping valve sticks open, then water runs into the black-water tank until such time as the tank fills up, the water continues to run, backs up into the toilet bowl and then proceeds to spill out onto the floor, all in a sort of rapid drip-drip-drip fashion, not a steady stream. It's all "clean" water when it backs up, thanks to the guillotine-like valve at the bottom of the toilet bowl that separates the toilet from the black-water tank. (Are all y'all clear on that? Both of you? I didn't think so. Unless you're familiar with RV or marine toilets.)

Thank GOD I emptied my tanks yesterday afternoon, other wise it would have been REALLY ugly this morning. We had our first hard freeze last night (18 degrees). I emptied both black and gray water tanks last evening in preparation for the freeze, and left the outside valve open on the gray water tank so I could leave a faucet dripping to avoid hose and pipe freeze-up. RVs are a lot more susceptable to freeze-ups than houses...it's happened to me more times than I can count, and it's a real PITA when it freezes. So. I've been putting off buying a new toilet, but it looks like I'll have to pop for a new one real quick. And did I say they aren't cheap? {sigh} It's always flipping SOMETHING! But at least the floors got mopped. Before the coffee was made. Before my eyes were fully open. Sometimes it bees like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.