Saturday, December 31, 2005

Nearly Gone

2005. The general consensus, from most of the folks I read is "good riddance." Me? I'm ambivalent. 2005, while not bringing anything I would call "good," didn't drop anything particularly nasty on my doorstep, either. And at my age, that's a good thing.

I've run across a few interesting predictions for the New Year in my 'net travels. Here are two of the best...

NRO's 2006 Predictions A few of my favorites:

Abu Zarqawi will be caught alive. But he will hang himself in his cell when Reuters reports that Iraqi authorities found the director's cut of Brokeback Mountain in his portable DVD player.

Maureen Dowd becomes an eharmony.com success-story commercial.

Air America will finally go under, ironically undermined by "competition" from the taxpayer-supported NPR that they vigorously support. Distraught listeners in search of liberal viewpoints will be forced to turn to CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, The New York Times, etc...

The California branch of the American Civil Liberties Union makes a shocking discovery: Los Angeles, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco have Spanish names meaning "The Angels," "Holy Cross," and "St. Francis." It sues to rename them "The Angles," "Cruising," and "Frank."
And The Anchoress has predictions, too. My fave:

5) Some people will look at New Orleans, Detroit, Philadelphia and other cities wherein liberalism has become entrenched, and they will discover that the Great Society has done little good for poor urban communities, in all these decades. They will begin to suggest that the Democrat party has for too long held too much power within those communities while giving them nothing but lip service and paranoid suggestions. As some black Democrats become Republicans, Wolf Blitzer will wonder how they can leave the party in good conscience, when they are “so poor and so black.” Morgan Freeman, having finally had enough, will smack him silly.
I definitely wanna see it when Blitzer gets bitch-slapped. My favorite Blitzer moment of all-time was during the 2004 election eve coverage when CNN initially predicted Florida would go for Bush. I swear to Gaia I thought Blitzer was going to burst into tears. The man was distraught!

All y'all have a SAFE and Happy New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.