Friday, December 23, 2005

A One-Woman Link Machine

That would be Dr. Sanity, who is single-handedly responsible for eating up about two hours of my day by posting links to the following articles/essays:

One Cosmos, with On The Bizarro World of the Left: Krystallnacht Comes to AmeriKKKa.
Yesterday on dailykos (I believe the most popular Democratic website), there was a piece entitled Slouching Toward Kristallnacht, outlining all of the eery parallels between pre-nazi Germany and contemporary America. For the hundreds of frightened posters that commented on the article, it is not a matter of if, but when Bush suspends the charade of democracy and imposes a fascist state on us. As Kos himself wrote, "It won't come in the same form. It never does. But it's coming. The lure of fascism is too powerful for men like the ones currently pissing all over our Constitution."
Dr. Helen writes a note to the American Psychological Association:

I am writing because I would like to stay a part of the APA--but when I see articles advocating diversity--but only if one is politically correct--I feel discouraged about the future of psychology. Left leaning politics may fly within APA and the academic world but in the real world--there is a mixture of people who share all kinds of world views. How does it help our profession, its students, and our clients when we tout diversity but only if it is the left leaning kind?
Varifrank offers Congratulations (to) Time Magazine, wherein he takes exception to Time's "Person(s) of the Year" (Boy, does he ever!) and offers some alternatives...

And finally... Andrew McCarthy of National Review Online on "Warrantless Searches." This one sent chills up my spine because it's all so true.

Reading these articles was time well-spent, believe me. And the best part? There's more, much more. I stand in awe of The Good Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.