Monday, February 27, 2006

Real? Or Rove?

Gerard Van Der Leun started it, Dr. Sanity weighs in, but Neo-neocon sez it best, I think. Neo also has many good links to other children’s books, some in the same ridiculous vein as this one, others not. You really should check out the sample pages of “Why Mommy is a Democrat” at the publisher’s web site. The illustrations are over-the-top and quite funny. I don’t think the humor’s intended, but they sure made ME laugh! The whole concept of a book such as this makes me gag, however. And be sure to check out the comments at Gerard's and Neo's places. They are quite good.

It’s interesting this lil book should pop up hard on the heels of the “enlightening” conversation I had with my nine year old last week. I know Bobby is way too old for this type of propaganda, but something tells me there are similar tomes in his family library. TSMP never threw away a book, to my knowledge. Just sayin’, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.