Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ANOTHER Quiz and More Interiors

Via blog-buddy Morgan A short (1:37) YouTube video titled “Kitty Washing Machine.” Morgan provides this warning:

Don’t watch with cat lovers in the room. Don’t watch because…you will find yourself surprisingly unable to stop laughing. She’s your girlfriend, isn’t she? She’s known Mister Fluffy longer than you, right? Okay then DON’T CLICK. There will be other evenings you can spend on the couch later on. Sometimes domestic harmony is a good thing.

He’s right. But I don’t worry about domestic harmony any longer. So I watched. And laughed. Several times.

Whoo-eee, is this a trick question?

Choose one.
A one-night stand with a Republican, but marriage to a Democrat
A one-night stand with a Democrat, but marriage to a Republican

Hmm. I simply cannot make up my mind! But anyway…that question was towards the end of this quiz, which I also got from Morgan.

You are a

Social Moderate
(50% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(70% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Capitalist










Link: The Politics Test on OkCupid Free Online Dating
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

We had identical results, by the way. And I agree with the results (where I'm concerned; I can't speak for Morgan), for what that’s worth.

Meaningless Gestures Dept: Via Lileks, Zee Franch zey aour sweeching zee Tour Eiffel oaf…mais pour cinq minutes, seulement.

Even the Eiffel Tower is out to save the planet.

On Thursday evening, as scientists and officials put finishing touches on a long-awaited report about global warming, the Paris landmark will switch off its 20,000 flashing light bulbs that run up and down the tower and illuminate the French capital's skyline.

The Eiffel Tower's lights account for about 9 percent of the monument's total energy consumption of 7,000 megawatt-hours per year.

The five-minute blackout…

Five minutes. Well, that’ll help, won’t it? It’s all about the gesture! Other interesting stuff I learned at the link:

“…a new European energy policy that stresses the need to slash carbon emissions blamed for global warming, U.N. environment program spokesman Nick Nuttall said.”

What a perfect name for a guy filling a perfectly useless position. I’ll bet he’s a Brit. Whattaya think?

Today’s Pics: Just to further impress the women with what a great house I keep, two more interiors from that fabulous apartment in Webster, NY. Someday I may post the counter-point to these pics, which would be interiors of El Casa Móvil De Pennington on a typical day. Quelle horreur!!

January, 1999.

5 comments:

  1. I'd have to take the one night stand with a Democrat. Those memories would fade with time; marriage to one would fade with a divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I've been married to one of each, both marriages ended the same way, but not in the same manner, as in: I've left and been left.

    Interestingly enough, the Republican turned into a moonbat after she left me. And I mean moonbat, not Democrat, as in academic liberal of the worst frickin' sort...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dated a Democrat, married her. She wasn't sure about me being in the Service, especially Enlisted. She got way over it.
    She has since left academia, became a Corporate type. She is to the Right of Boortz, and thinks that everyone is a Liberal at 20. But then we grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DC... I think your comment about being liberal until you grow up has so much truth in it. I look at Liberals, Democrats and Communists in the same light... they all have a lot of good ideas in the abstract but don't have a clue about making those ideas work in the reality we call life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dc said: She is to the Right of Boortz, and thinks that everyone is a Liberal at 20. But then we grow up!

    And Sam agreed.

    I'll add my "me, too" to that thought, coz, after all...that was me, too.

    I find it oh-so-interesting that The Second Mrs. Pennington reversed that phenomenon...apolitical in her youth (when I met her), Republican in early middle age, academic moonbat in her dotage.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.