Thursday, March 27, 2008

Neither New Nor Improved

So I took this quiz over at Kris’ place to see if I’m “normal.” And the answer is “Yes.” I’m 55% normal, anyway. It could have been worse, and I was expecting worse. Which only goes to show these quiz thingies are suspect. But this question stumped me:

· Which would you rather live without?

· Music

· Laughter

Well, I simply could NOT live without both, actually. What sort of person could live without music or laughter? I’m thinking even prisoners laugh once in a while…and music is universal. I score both equally high in my life. But… in the end I checked the “laughter” box and moved on. Music is that important to me, Gentle Reader.

―:☺:―

Via Lex…some of the best plane pr0n I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot, Gentle Reader. DO go, if you’re into the subject matter; the photography is excellent…and then some.

―:☺:―

A funny from My Bud Ed in Florida

Why Parents Drink

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to 'Dad.'

With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Karen and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it's not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant. Karen said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children. Karen has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Karen can get better.

She deserves it.

Don't worry Dad. I'm 17 and I know how to take care of myself. Some day I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love, Your Son John

PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my center desk drawer.

I love you. Call me when it's safe to come home.

―:☺:―

Today’s Pic: Two generations of parents, drinking… but not for the reasons stated above. SN1 on the left, YrHmblScrb on the right.

Roosters Brewing Company, Layton, UT. May 2007.

(Yeah, the pic is a re-run.)

Update, 1410 hrs: You might have wondered what the Hell the relationship between drinking and the joke might be, Gentle Reader, if you stopped by before this update. And you should have wondered. I originally omitted the subject line of the joke, which I've inserted as part of this update. My omission resulted in a serious non-sequitur. At the very least it made me look like an idiot. I apologize... for the omission, not my idiocy. Some things can't be changed with a simple update.

8 comments:

  1. I took the test, and was 55% normal - it was the chicken dance or macarena question that I thought was odd. I've done both and was not embarrassed by either.

    Ah, the famous Layton trip! I'm glad it holds good memories, and I love that pic of you and SN1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposedly 60% normal. But I didn't like some of the choices. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou sez: it was the chicken dance or macarena question that I thought was odd. I've done both and was not embarrassed by either.

    Me, too...re: lack of embarrassment. But I probably should have been embarrassed.

    Laurie sez: I'm supposedly 60% normal. But I didn't like some of the choices. lol!

    I didn't like most of the choices, when ya get right down to it. But... that's the nature of 'net quizzes, ain't it?

    Good to know both you Ladies are "normal," whatever that means. I suspected as much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I'm 80% normal. Many of my friends might disagree with that outcome, though.

    The music/laughter question stumped me also. I wouldn't want to live without either. In the end, I chose to give up music because, well, laughter is the music of the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buck, I agree that question was a tough one. Then I figured with music, there would have to be laughter eventually. And the question about screwing someone over or being screwed over - I'm not normal cuz I'd rather not be screwed over.

    Yeah, that quiz was clearly written by someone with a tin ear whose never been hurt. Pshaw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky sez: Heh, I'm 80% normal.

    Well, that's good, innit? I mean, it IS perfectly normal to be a black-belt knitter with a crush on Tony Romo... right? ;-)

    Kris sez: Yeah, that quiz was clearly written by someone with a tin ear whose never been hurt. Pshaw!

    Agreed, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be the last person on Earth to take you to task for a non-sequitor, Buck. My entire life is a non-sequitor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that's good, innit? I mean, it IS perfectly normal to be a black-belt knitter with a crush on Tony Romo... right? ;-)

    Why, yes, that is perfectly normal.

    A crush on Tony Romo? Where ever did you get that idea? *bats eyes innocently*

    He he...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.