Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Samuelsson's OT Winner...

... or, "As Pretty As It Gets," Part Two.



20,000 fans in Dee-troit go WILD... while at least one in Portales does the same. I think I hurt my hand I brought 'em together so forcefully... and I KNOW the neighbor had to be startled with the "YES!" shouted at the top of my lungs.

So. On to the United Center. It's very hard for me to see how Chicago wins four out of the next five games, but they'll probably take at least one home game. It's not that they aren't a good team - they are. It's just that the Wings are better this year.

9 comments:

  1. Things are looking good. Hell of a nice goal, that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too cocky now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess its time for me to confess that I am a Blackhawk's fan and have been one since high school in Chicago. I have to admit that I don't think they can beat the Wings but I hope they give them a good fight. And if the wings win, I hope they go all the way. Sister city and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barring mechanical problems, we will be in your neighborhood this weekend, elderly parents-in-law in tow.

    Do you get Versus? We do. 'Wings game Friday 1800 scheduled. If we have the means and you don't at the Casa, feel very free to watch at Oasis State Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim: You have NO idea how many times I've replayed that goal. That was just so danged pretty, from beginning to end.

    tim: We're trying... we're trying. ;-)Dan: I didn't realize you were a hockey fan. Have you ever mentioned that before?

    Bob: I do get Versus... and you're welcome to join me here if you'd like. Close quarters, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob: I should add... SN1 and I have this tradition that goes back a few years, in that we watch the Wings' playoff games together but separate, on the phone. We both have the same cell provider, so the minutes are "free"... and they are SUBSTANTIAL. Sounds weird, don't it? But it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Clear. See seperate e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.