Thursday, December 24, 2009

Self-Indulgent Nostalgic Boomer Crap...

... but it's GOOD crap, even though the photo ain't:
That would be Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, reunited at this years' Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame concert in NYC and on my teevee just moments ago.  Lots of rock 'n' rollers from this cohort have seen better days, to be kind about it.  But not S&G, apparently.  Their harmonies still soar, Garfunkel's voice is incredibly sweet for a guy of ANY age, and Simon's vocal and guitar chops seem to have gotten better, if anything.  They did "Sounds of Silence," "The Boxer," and "Bridge Over Troubled Water."  And although I've heard these tunes thousands of times I haven't ever heard them done better.  No kidding.
What a great treat... and what a surprise.  And Dang!  Here comes Aretha!

2 comments:

  1. S&G are good. When they did their tour a few years ago, I told Toby I wanted to go see them. Toby thought I had lost my mind - probably 'cause I don't normally go for concert type things. For S&G I would have made an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have made the same exception, Lou, had I been in a city near their tour. But I wasn't...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.