Friday, January 29, 2010

Heh

A friend sends this along...
Dear Mrs. Turley,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.  I work at Home Depot and I told Sarah how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had.  Then I found one more in the back room, and several people were fighting over who would get it.  
Sarah 's picture does NOT show me dancing around a pole.  It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.  From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Allen
Yeah, right.  A likely story.  No need to be embarrassed, Mrs. Allen.  Pole dancing is an honorable profession and one that I greatly admire.  (insert big-ass grin here)

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the little ones' takes on grown-ups! My daughters' dance teacher (they both danced until last year -- and they're late-twenty-somethings!) used to remind us that he would believe only half of what the girls told him about home if we would give him the same benefit of the doubt. Good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! Reminds me of the old Art Linkletter show. Art was doing his interview with the little kids. He asked one of the boys what he wanted to be when he grew up.

    The little boy said, "I want to be a bachelor...just like my Daddy!" Turns out that the boy's father had just earned his degree after many years of struggling for it. Kids say the darndest things, for sure.

    Oh man...the stories I could tell...

    I actually saw this "pole dancing Momma" shot a while back, but it had a different punch-line. And, for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

    That's probably a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moogie: Your girls' dance instructor was a wise man, indeed.

    Andy: Kids DO say the darndest things! I have my stories, too...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.