Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Late Night EIP Soundtrack



I hear some people
been talkin' me down,
Bring up my name,
pass it 'round.
They don't mention
happy times
They do their thing,
I'll do mine.
Ooh baby,
that's hard to change
I can't tell them
how to feel.
Some get stoned,
some get strange,
But sooner or later
it all gets real.
Walk on, walk on,
Walk on, walk on.
Ya hadda be there, Gentle Reader.  We're not often this cryptic but sometimes it is what it is.  The music is great, tho.  Just take that at face value and enjoy.

And while we're On The Beach, there's this:


You can really
learn a lot that way
It will change you
in the middle of the day.
Though your confidence
may be shattered,
It doesn't matter.
It's the interplay between banjo and dobro in that one, Gentle Reader.  And the memories the tune invokes... which have little or nothing to do with what just went before... other than the two tunes are from the same album.  We are scattered tonite, oh yes we ARE.

6 comments:

  1. :)

    Love the walk on, walk on part. Equivalent to my "talk to the hand"!

    Haven't heard Neil Young in a LONG time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the music - dobro and banjo stuff is my kind of thang, but it does not invoke "beach" music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath: Neil is right up there in my Top Five artists, maybe even in the Top Three.

    Lou: "...but it does not invoke "beach" music" is the understatement of the day. But it's early. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate in sooo many ways to the "Walk On" lyrics... without going into details.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like most of Young's work but I do wish that learning he talks about in the last lyric had included politics. He's too far out there in left field for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan: I hear ya... I HATE his politics, too. But I try and keep the politics and the music separate, but it's hard sometimes... especially when it comes to his political songs. This ain't the frickin' '60s.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.