Saturday, August 28, 2010

Then and Now, III

Ya know how certain moments or dates stay with ya for-freakin'-ever?  Today is one such for me, coz I enlisted in the Air Force 47 years ago on this date.  Which reminds me... I should update my will.

That said, here's what YrHmblScrb looked like upon graduating from basic training a few weeks later...

The AF News Service press release.  USAF still does this sorta thang. 

You've seen the "now" pic previously (at least twice), so we'll not post it again.  We will link it, tho.  Coz we're so vain (and we prolly think this song is about US).

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Did you think at the time you'd make the USAF a career?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you think at the time you'd make the USAF a career?

    I had NO idea what I wanted to do or be at the time, Anon. Things haven't changed a lot in the intervening 47 years. ;-)

    Lou: Thank ya, Ma'am! I'll agree with ya on the "young" bit. "Wet behind the ears" doesn't even come CLOSE to describing how young and naïve I was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, you really haven't changed that much.

    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, it's funny how certain dates stick in your head. I don't know how many guys I have heard say, "I enlisted in the Military on February 13, 1967 or whatever date)." Hundreds, I think. That must be a real common particular in the memories of fellows that did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be a real common particular in the memories of fellows that did.

    I'm thinkin' you're right, Andy. The military is one of those life-changing experiences. Usually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.