Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Google Loves Me! Well, Sorta.

Our illustration to yesterday's "Presidents Day" post made the front page of Google's Blog-search function, thusly:

(Click to embiggen)

Yet if you clicked on the "all 41 blogs" link you wouldn't have seen EIP until you got to the bottom of page two.  (sigh)  That's OK... I'm used to conditional love.

BTW: today is Washington's birthday.  And you're prolly at work.

―:☺:―

Completely unrelated to the above, but "interesting," none the less:



I put "interesting" in scare quotes coz while the concept is intellectually stimulating it's also off-putting to those of us who used to live... translated as eat, breathe, and sleep... mo'sickles and kinda-sorta still do, if only vicariously.  Bikes should be fire-breathing manifestations of mechanical soul, not some whirring, whining, eco-nut's wet dream.  Yeah, you can file this in the "get off my lawn" category.

I'm beginning to think I've lived too long. 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the high Google placement! I think I may have missed the post in question but I'll check it out today.

    As for that electric motorcycle...There's something about the hp unit measurement for power that connects us to the past (horse-power) and to a "physical" measure of strength and power which I like and understand in my muscles (what few I have left!). 52 kw and 120 Nm's of torque just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a big Harley sitting next to you at a stop light. It's a sound you just can't beat, raw power just raring to go! Hats off to folks that enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Buck, the problem is that we live too short. If we lived longer, people wouldn't slough off the thoughts of those with true love for something or other. They'd pay attention. As it is, you and I and everybody else will reach a certain age where everybody under another certain age will ignore us. Such is (the short) life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...52 kw and 120 Nm's of torque just doesn't do it for me.

    Heh. You and me both, Dan. I like my displacement measured in cubic inches, too!

    Ed: I never was much of a Harley fan; I'm a sport bike kinda guy. There IS a difference.

    Jim: I'm pretty sure I'm already at that age. Thank God our children still love us, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buck, Suldog: I'm sorry, what was that? I wasn't listening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a total American V8 musclecar kind of guy. And a Harley seems like the two-wheeled equivalent. But for some reason I've never been into Harleys. Gimme a noisy, smoky 2-stroke dirt bike and then I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see some of the younger generation listening to the whining (aside from thinking this is the normal sound of power) as modern and the roar of a fine massive engine to be too old school.

    They grew up hearing star wars sounds.

    I love hearing a real engine roaring up the road. Shaking windows and letting their voices be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy: Heh.

    They grew up hearing star wars sounds.

    Heh. And more's the pity, too. Poor lil fuckers.

    Inno: re: "Gimme a noisy, smoky 2-stroke dirt bike and then I'm happy.". Or a noisy, smokin' two-stroke STREET bike. I've owned several, one of which (the 400) remains in the fambly. Search EIP for "RD400" if'n you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, you haven't lived nearly long enough. There's still way too much stuff out there that we wish we'd never learned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems EIP is the place for info :)

    We had a little moto-cycle mishap the other day - scared the pee out of me and still makes my heart thump just thinking about it although all was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moogie: You're right, I suppose, and that makes me sad.

    Lou: I'm glad your moto-event wasn't serious.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.