Thursday, May 26, 2011

Outage

I awoke at a fairly reasonable hour today... around 1030 hrs, which is reasonable for ME... fired up the 'puter, and attempted to read the overnight mail while the coffee was brewing.  Two and a half hours later... our network connection is restored, the mail has been read, and now it's off to make the rounds and see what's happening in the world.  

We take SO many things for granted in our modern lives... running water, electricity, our internet connection... and we're lost when one of those things goes belly-up.  But, Hey!  Opportunity.  My bathroom got cleaned (along with other areas of El Casa Móvil De Pennington), and that reminds me of this old piece from The Onion.  Productivity.  It's what's for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Was starting to wonder what had happened to you. Maybe my connection should go down so I can get some housework done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff you do when you're at loose ends is AMAZING. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My house gets cleaned, the grass mowed and groceries bought, even library books returned when I am without my morning distractions!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.