Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Well, it will be... once the sun is well and truly over the yardarm.  I gotta give credit to Deb for this one, as she put up a post about Robbie Robertson, a recent recipient of the Order of Canada.  One thing leads to another, of course and I had to share my very favorite Robertson song with Deb and her readers.  And I'll share it with you too, Gentle Reader.

I wanna breathe when you breathe
When you whisper like that hot
summer breeze
Count the beads of sweat that cover me
Didn't you show me a sign, this time
"Broken Arrow" is off of RR's self-titled album of 1987... which has many more than a few great tunes (think: "Somewhere Down the Crazy River") and used to be in continuous rotation in the way-back.  "Broken Arrow" had sumthin' like "Our Song" status in Former Happy Days and it still has a tendency to make me rather misty.  If I let it.

3 comments:

  1. A heartfelt thank you Buck. I can't believe that I'd never heard of this guy before. Great song and teriffic art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou: S'good, innit?

    Deb: My pleasure, Madam.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.