Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Still After It

Carport Skeleton
Things are coming together at the new place... a construction crew was on-site yesterday and began building our carports, which look pretty substantial.  There were lots o' heavy liftin' and gruntin' involved yesterday and LOTS o' welding, too.  I'll be glad when they're done, for a couple o' reasons.  First, The Green Hornet will be able to relax in the shade while bein' protected from Ma Nature's other perils (it'll be nice not having to brush snow off the car this winter).  Second, the landscapers will return to finish up their work and eliminate the mini-dustbowl that is my yard at present.  The landscapers began their work on Monday by planting four trees and six spiky plants (some sorta southwestern flora) but had to quit before they put in the ground cover... mainly coz the construction guys littered the yard with I-beams and other assorted pieces o' steel.

Things continue apace indoors, as well.  I went over to The Big(ger) City™ yesterday and finished my furniture shopping.  We shall have a couple o' bar-stools and a book case delivered before the morning is out, to be followed by a desk chair, file cabinet and CD rack sometime in the near future, depending on when Office Max, Amazon, and UPS get their stuff together.  Our desk still hasn't arrived and its status is unknown, even as I stopped by the place where I bought it yesterday to ask oh-so-politely "Where in the Hell is my desk!?!"  I'm gettin' pretty tired o' workin' on the laptop in the living room and my back is beginning to complain about that, as well.  We are NOT ergonomically correct at the moment.

So my office... the last remaining piece of unfinished work... will remain unfinished for the foreseeable future.  My books and stuff will be stored neatly and the CDs will once again be accessible and alphabetized by the end of the week, though.  Progress... slow but sure.

9 comments:

  1. Slow and steady with these things is best Buck. Gives you time to sort things out first. Very happy for you in all things though; this is such a great move for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like solar panels could be a good addition.
    just sayin'

    Hope everything meets your expectations.


    v-word = ecitati ...any relation to the illuminati?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a picture of the trees and spiky plants when you have time and the dust settles. Could the plants be agaves? I love agaves.

    This just gives you time to get that all-important office set up perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like its going to be a nice sized carport.

    Hope its not long before you can enjoy the outside of your new Apt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For years in NM, we dug our cars out from snow - every day through the winter. Carports are wonderful things. They don't get crowded like a garage, 'cause you can't store lots of crap in a carport. Sounds like things are coming along nicely, except for the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris: Slow and steady, indeed. But we ARE making progress!

    v-word = ecitati ...any relation to the illuminati?

    I think that's Latin for the easily excited among us.

    Could the plants be agaves?

    Not agaves, Red. These are more like some sorta spiky grass. I'll get pics when the landscaping is done.

    Hope its not long before you can enjoy the outside of your new Apt.

    I've been enjoying the porch all along, stopsign. I'll enjoy it MORE when the dust settles. Literally.

    Lou: Things ARE progressing nicely, thank ya! The desk is now the long pole in my tent but that's no big deal, really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Covered parking! Worth every penny it costs. I didn't know you were gonna have that when I first saw the pictures of the apartments.

    WAY cool. Glad things are coming together, even if you do have some stupid neighbors that don't know how to break down a box.

    Maybe you should put a sign up by the dumpster politely requesting something like, "Would the asshat that keeps filling up the dumpster with empty boxes please not be such an asshat & consider the rest of us that also live here? Love, Buck"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are moving apace, no matter the pace. I agree with Kris -- this is such a good move for you!

    I have covered parking, too -- the MoogieMobile parks under a live oak. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Moogie. It IS a good move!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.