Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Missed It

I'm really bad about remembering dates.  I mean really bad, just ask my kids.  I'm the type o' guy who NEEDS a social secretary and life has been hell in this space since the last secretary (and maid) quit.  All by way o' introduction to this:

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Then and Now

Digital cameras are wonderful things… and one of the major reasons is the metadata included with each and every photo you shoot. What this really means is you know the exact date and time you took a particular shot (among a lot of other techie-type info), so there’s no wondering “where/when was THIS taken?” as you browse through your archives. Which is quite unlike going through an old shoebox full of photos, believe me.

So… the foregoing is an intro to a minor celebration of sorts: The Green Hornet is eight years old today. I’ve owned one other car longer than the Green Hornet and that was my Baby Beemer…which I kept for ten years. I obviously liked that Beemer and I really like the Miata, too. Both cars have served me well, both cars were/are great good fun, and I see no reason why the Green Hornet won’t tie my personal record for auto longevity and maybe even break it.
That bit is obviously from three years ago and we have broken the automotive longevity record, what with The Green Hornet turning 11 just a few days ago.  The reason the post is titled then and now is I posted pics of both TGH and her master on the day I bought her and a couple o' more recent pics.  You've seen more than enough o' my ugly mug but good car pr0n is always in vogue... so here's the usual, customary, and quite reasonable shot o' My Baby:


The way thangs are goin' TGH just might be the last car I ever own.  I'm OK with that.

9 comments:

  1. TGH still looks good!
    Is it hard to keep a good shine on a car out there considering the hot New Mexico sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Green Hornet. She is still beautiful.

    The cold front and wind hit here last night. The wind is still pretty rough, but the cool temps are most welcome. We did not get the dust that Eastern NM and West Texas got - something good about being an Okie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that the landscape looks familar... then I noticed the dealer name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Green is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to The Hornet! Roddy The Wondercar sends his best wishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You post a lot about the Green Hornet. How 'bout a post about the first muscle car you ever owned....

    You are an old fart like me....what was your first muscle car?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bagley: This is the post you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love your car.

    I have a 1990 Miata myself. They are the perfect little sports car.

    I am thinking of buying a newer one like yours. Same color and everything .

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.