Monday, April 16, 2012

My Muse! Wherefore Art Thou?

So, we have next to nuthin' yet again.  Just one small item... it IS small indeed and prolly only of interest to a very limited audience, like ME.

We had that young lady over for dinner last night... the languid languisher of recent scribblings... and her reaction was semi-predictable, as in: "you COOK?"  Why is it that wimmen are always surprised and/or think we men are clue-free when it comes to culinary thangs, the sole exception bein' our expertise at preparing Burnt Offerings outdoors?   I should add that the lady was suitably impressed, so it's a case of "Mission Accomplished," at least as far as last night's limited objective was concerned.

The subtle campaign continues.

7 comments:

  1. I wonder if, in this case, it could be that men of a certain age (ahem) don't tend to be very self-sufficient. Especially when you don't know about their history or lifestyle. My FIL (who is 10 years older than you Buck and I'm not lumping you in with his generation...) was clueless in the kitchen for a very long time. My MIL did everything - right down to kitchen clean-up. It wasn't until they were both retired that he really started to pitch in and help.

    Still can't cook anything unless it's on a gas grill but he knows how to clean up a monstrous mess in short order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The generational thang might be part o' the problem and it might not. I got the same sort of reaction from wimmen about my cooking during my first period of singleness, and I was a young 30-sumthin' at the time.

      Delete
  2. The subtle campaign continues... I like that phrase. Very erudite and gentlemanly. You just need to meet someone who appreciates and understands those traits...maybe she'll be one who does...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very erudite and gentlemanly.

      That's me... when I'm not drinkin' beer and watching hockey. ;-)

      The outlook is poor here, Red. But we shall endeavor to persevere. (insert yet another smiley-face thingie here)

      Delete
  3. The subtle campaign continues. Oh, I see Red beat me to it.

    Nyuk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't misunderstand. The line just made me chuckle...not the concept!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.