Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More Cigar Art

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Click to embiggen... and you should.

With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, of course. 

―:☺:―

In other news... We firmed up our Thanksgiving plans yesterday and we shall be motoring off to ABQ come Wednesday.  DIL Erma usually comes to P-Ville when she's in this neck o' the woods but both granddaughters on the SN1 side o' the house have to work this coming Friday.  So if the mountain won't come to Mohammed... 

Erm was kinda funny on the phone yesterday, asking me if I knew her mother-in-law, AKA The First Mrs. Pennington, was in town?  Well, no... I didn't know that.  But no worries, sez I, after 40 years I'm well and truly past any drama, which is quite unlike the situation with my OTHER ex-wife.  Mebbe some day...  

In the meantime, we're steeling ourselves for a night of tequila shots.  TFMP knows her tequila and has a taste for the good stuff.  And she can COOK, too.  I'm lookin' forward to this. 

14 comments:

  1. Have a great time with the fam, Buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cigar bands always remind me of World Champion Wrestling belts - upon first glance.

    It sounds like you will have a good time in Alb. You might want to pick up some Sadie's hot sauce - I think you will like it. Enjoy your family. And if all falls through with heading west, come east for T-Day. You are always welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Sadie's in our local independent grocery (we only have two grocery stores: the Super-Save and Wally-World) but haven't tried it. There must be 30 different brands of salsa available here in P-Ville but I have to go to Clovis to get El Pinto, strangely enough. El Pinto is pretty danged hard to beat, IM(NS)HO.

      Thanks for the invite, Lou. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like there will be a very good time. I'm sure you and the First one will have a wonderful time with your grand/great grandkids. And not a little bit of nostalgic tales will be shared, I'm sure...

    Congrats on having such a great family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't put a lot o' money on the nostalgia aspect, Darryl. But mebbe. Thanks for your kind words about the family.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tweet! Tweet!

      (Rockin' Robin, Rockin' Robin, deedlely-doot)

      Delete
  5. Have a Great Thanksgiving Buck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Armada band should be framed.

    Happy and safe travels to you Buck...peace and blessings to you and your family on the best holiday of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drama: tell the kids that grandma used to kill possum and try to pawn it off as Turkey meat. Show some really ugly possum pictures from the Internet.

    OK, well, maybe that's just my idea of fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll let THAT one lie (lay?). ;-)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.