Saturday, January 12, 2013

Even MORE Small Stuff

Have you seen these SUPREMELY irritating Discover card commercials?



and this...



this, too...



So lemmee see if I have this right.  If you're a brassy, plump black woman you get connected to yet another brassy, plump black woman.  Same thing if you're a passive-aggressive, shrewish housewife, or a paranoid elderly white guy. I'm pretty gotdamned sure I wouldn't wanna talk to ME if I had to call my credit card company.  I might would tell myself to fuck off.

I gotta give Discover card props for posting their ads and letting me make sport of 'em.  The ads still suck, though.


―:☺:―

On the positive side of the ledger... I had to go to Wally-World today and was absolutely, positively dreading the experience as Wal-Mart is NOT my favorite place, especially on a Saturday.  Imagine my surprise: a half-empty parking lot and I walked right up to a check-out register with no line at all.  I was in and out in ten minutes time, which has to be some sorta weekend record.  For me, anyhoo.


―:☺:―

Another reason I dreaded going out today is the fact it's COLD outdoors (wind chill o' 36 degrees, as we speak).  My personal R-factor is about 1.5, so we don't do well AT ALL in cold weather. But we persevered and got Я dun.  The bad thing?  Yet another day with an indoor Happy Hour.  I know: that's a First World Problem.  But I AM an American...

2 comments:

  1. It is cold and windy here today. We are all snuggled down with a fire going.

    I sent Toby to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. He seemed to have made the trip just fine.

    Last week Jesse posted a ski pic of Taos. One of her friends made this comment: Dang! And I thought my day was great when I had a smooth shopping cart at Walmart today....

    I thought I'd share the comment since you mentioned your good day at Wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS a good day at Wally-World, and that's really no small thing.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.